Thursday, October 27, 2005

Note on Miers's Withdrawal

Not only did I say she would withdraw, but I also pointed out specifics about the circumstances of her withdrawal that prove I am politically savvy. I will not rehash my prediction here, except to say I won $1 from Scarlet Panda because of it.

On a personal note, I am not happy with Miers decision. It was my hope she would be confirmed and prove to be one of the most incompetent judges in history. I hoped that every time she published a decision, the right wing would be reminded of George W. Bush's hubris and cronyism. I hoped that she would, for the next 20 years, be a blight on the legacy of Bush, and remind everyone of Bush's abandonment of true conservatism for his neoconservative tax-cut-and-spend, deficit-driving policies. But alas, it is not to be.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Panda said...

Even though I'm out a dollar, I think the withdrawal was the right decision.

Also, rice-a-roni broccoli au gratin is not a meal in itself. Where's the protein?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

I am unwilling to discuss my position on rice-a-roni.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home