Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Blood of Another Silverfish...


...is on my hands. Nell spotted it near the ceiling in the hallway. With sandal in hand I confronted the hideous beast. The battle was well and truly joined as my foe parried left, its hundreds of feet flailing, undulating. I jumped back, momentarily dazed by the creature's other-worldly speed. I regained my composure and launched another attack. The many-legged demon tried to scurry left, but its efforts were in vain. As I brought the sole of the sandal to rest atop his lanky frame, the soul of the Silverfish left its body, descending back into Hell whence it came. Though I was relieved to have been victorious in battle, I was left with a deep respect for my adversary. Despite his small stature, his heart had shown itself to be far larger than the mortal frame which carried it. And as I wiped his guts off of my Birkenstock, I began to feel the pangs of loss for a worthy foe. A pain only a warrior in battle can understand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think silverfish have hearts, so don't feel bad.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

I was there... I saw it all...

and I was glad to see the damn bugger go.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home