Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Dilbert and Evolution

If you like Dilbert and are interested in learning about evolution, read this post on Scott Adams's blog. After you read that, then read PZ Miers dissect it in this post. And then go back and read Adams's reply to PZ. It's clear that while Adams clearly knows office humor, he does not know science. Not only that, but he's incredibly lazy. To frame the argument as he does in his first post blows my mind. I was able to deconstruct just about everything he wrote before I read PZ's response, and I majored in Classics! I'm not going to go over it point by point, because that's what PZ did. Check it out. Fun read. Notice that at no time did PZ misrepresent Adams.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much reading fish frog... I like my gratification to be immediate.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I read it, and Scott Adams is a douchebag. In the response to pz, he says that he believes the world is 10k years old and that the 6 day biblical creation story is true. This is wrong.

Dilbert sucks, too - it's almost a criticism of capitalist society, but it's too pussy to actually stand for anything. Scott Adams is a tool.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

Scott Adams is indeed a tool. I think that instead of reading his response, though, Matt may have read the first comment to Adams's response. Scott Adams's response is not much more coherent.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

There was a slight error in my link to Adam's response. It has now been corrected to take you to his post instead of the comment section.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home