Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday Study-day

So I've been in the Library at school for the past three-and-a-half hours studying. I started with Tax but I've spent most my time on Family Law. For about the past hour I've been reading stuff on child custody. I only mention this as a lead-in to state that I am mad at my Family Law professor. Her assignments are ridiculously long and contain insupportable amounts of secondary sources discussing people's feelings on various topics. Law is about cases and statutes!!!!! Not people!!!! If I cared about people I'd be a social worker, not a lawyer!!!!

Also, despite the fact that this professor authored the textbook we're using, she still finds it necessary to make us pay an additional $17 (on top of the $100 for the textbook) for about 200 pages of supplementary material. Then, she breaks up the reading assignments so that we read about four pages from the book, then ten pages from the supplements, then ten pages from the book, then two pages from the supplement, then eight pages from the book. It is infuriating. I have to constantly check the syllabus to make sure I don't accidently read a case from the book that she has replaced with a case from the supplement.

That is all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask her why she feels the need to charge so much for her text. I have taken some classes where the professors had written the texts. I didn't pay more than 30.00 for any of them.Some of the texts are the only ones in existance on the subject, all of them are aviation related. Damn her greedy heart, but she's a lawyer. What do you expect.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home