Sunday, October 15, 2006

I didn't think it would happen

But the Colorado Buffaloes won a game. Of course, I didn't see the game as it was not televised here. And despite the fact that we opened the season with a loss to a I-AA team, dammit, I'm proud of the Buffs. It's easy to hang your head and blame circumstance. But to pick it up and beat Texas Tech, that means something. Given, Texas Tech is no Georgia or Texas or Oklahoma or even Notre Dame, but it is a step up from Montana State. Here's ESPN's take on the game. Apparently, the students rushed the field. Times they are a'changin.

I was there in 2001 when we beat the Huskers 62-36. I rushed the field and it felt great. That was a rivalry.

I was in Boulder that same year when the Buffs beat Texas in the Big 12 Championship game. Frow and Ryan and I went cruising on the Hill, revelling with pedestrians, to celebrate.

But a midseason win against a mediocre Texas Tech? I mean, I'm happy we won a game this year, but rushing the field? I don't think so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

I'm happy for your Colorado Buff's! Its easy to root for a team doing well - a real fan sticks by a team through bad times, too.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Squishy Burrito said...

I had a baby this week and still posted. What's your excuse?

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home