Sunday, January 28, 2007

Please Enlighten Me

Nell and I are watching Good Will Hunting on TNT right now (I LOVE this movie) and we just saw the scene in which Matt Damon goes up to the window of the diner and says, "Do you like apples?" and then the preppy Harvard guy inside says "Yeah, I like apples." and then Damon says "I got her number. How do you like them apples?"

This is a classic scene from this movie. It is a line that myself and many others have repeated. But why is it funny? What does it mean? Is it from something? What makes it such a good line?

All theories and explanations are welcome and appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

I think it is just a "classic set up" situation. Matt Damon's character just wants to set up a situation so he can say, "how do you like them apples," a common phrase.

GWH - good movie. I haven't seen it since the theater, but I should watch it again.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home