Monday, February 13, 2006

Morality Monday

I just had a job interview with a law firm that represents insurance companies and miscellaneous other companies. In other words, it is a firm that represent "the man" against the little guy. Over the course of the interview, the partner said a few times how it was about money and you have to be hard-hearted and cold-blooded (his words). Now I've never been that much of a bleeding heart, but at times I skew a little to the "public good" side of things. But now I'm wondering, Do I have what it takes to represent the "man?" Can I stare a grieving mother in the face and tell her that her son was contributorily negligent and my client isn't going to give her a dime? Does it help matters that I don't believe that people have souls?

I don't really know the answer to any of these questions, but I'm going to think about it some.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

That sounds like a terrible job that would suck the breath right out you leaving nothing but apathetic blob of flesh where our beloved FishFrog shoulc be.

On the flip-side, you'd be rich. So...it's a toss up.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will kick you square in the balls.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

Hey brother! How's the new house?

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's 400 sqft smaller and it doesn't have a garage. On the positive I am only five minutes from work and I am about one mile from a large army airfield. There is nothing quite as soothing as the sound of a blackhawk flying over the house when you are trying to sleep.

Seriously though, it's not too bad.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home