Saturday, February 11, 2006

Peanut Butter Cookies

My very favorite cookie is the Peanut Butter Cookie. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, with the distinctive criss-cross pattern on the top. As requested by a significant majority of my readers, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup crunchy peanut butter (you can use creamy, but why would you want to?)
3 cups flour

Oven: 350 degrees F
1. Mix together everything except the flour. Then mix in the flour.
2. Drop a spoonful of cookie dough onto a baking sheet. (Tip: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. It is a thousand times better than oiling the pan. Parchment paper is awesome!!!). Use the tines of a fork to make the criss-cross pattern on each lump of dough.
3. Bake cookies for about ten minutes. I have found that the full ten minutes make the cookies crunchier than I like. I think the last time I cooked these I only had them in for about seven minutes, with delicious results.

These cookies are very delicious. I think I might even cook some tomorrow. Mm-mmm.

1 Comments:

Blogger Squishy Burrito said...

While I was SHOCKED by the whole cup of shortening this recipe calls for I have to admit these Peanut Butter cookies are fantastic.

PS - next time you are in the pb aisle remember this simle phrase I use to remember which brand I hate...Skip the Skippy.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home