Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday Wrap-up

Wednesdays suck. They are long and boring and by 3:30 my head feels like its going to explode. By 4:00 I am wishing it would just so my day can end. When class is over at 4:50 all I want is a shot of Jim Beam and a pitcher of Bud Light. Sweet release.

On the bright side, I had plenty of time to explore the internets for online fun. Two games were particularly enjoyable: "Pandemic" and "Pandemic: Extinction of Man." In the former and earlier of the two games, you play as a contagious disease, mutating yourself slowly in order to wipe out the human race, continent by continent. The latter is not so much a sequal as a remake. Same plot, different controls and means of propagation. Both are enjoyable and offer suprisingly different experiences.

Also something I discovered during my MASSIVELY long and boring day: Wired has some really excellent blogs.

Some breaking entertainment news regarding the girls on tonight's American Idol: Antonella Barba totally blows. The only positive thing Randy could say, "You are hot." But talent-wise, the trio of judges dropped the ball big-time letting this one get through.

One thing that keeps me coming back to the internet is nut-cases. The Wired blog Table of Malcontents discusses this crazy racist sci-fi philosopher-king. Just to give you a reason to check out the link, he wrote a book the title of which is "Lexicon Triumvirate." It stars a dragon. Some additional discussion is here.

And with that, my day, and yours, is slightly closer to being over.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wednesday was longer, I didn't get done until 10 p.m. last night. Granted I was flying, so I suppose my wednesday was probably more enjoyable than yours.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

Yeah. I have a feeling that a whole day of flying a helicopter is slightly more fun than four hours spent sitting around waiting for two hours of financial accounting.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home