Friday, June 08, 2007

Pot-Belly Pigs


I love pot-belly pigs. Nell and I saw (and I petted) a few miniature pot-belly pigs on our honeymoon in Maui. They were adorable and Nell promised me that some day I could have a pet pig. Well that day has not come and is probably some time off still.

But at Lewis & Clark School of Law, where I am taking my BarBri classes, there is a gold statue of a pig on a podium in the library. On one of my breaks today I stopped to take a picture and read the plaque. It was touching.

Apparently, the sculture was made and donated in memory of a woman who died (sadly I cannot remember her name). According to the plaque, she love pot belly pigs and they brought her comfort and solace. The sculture was created and donated with the hope of providing some comfort and solace to others. And looking at the adorable piglet, I certainly felt better. How could anyone look at that cute gold snout and not smile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

Just to clarify, I only said that Fishfrog could get a pig sometime in his lifetime, and I only said that because I thought he would forget. I was wrong.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Amanda G. said...

you should have told him he just dreamt that you said he could have one.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home