Thursday, March 29, 2007

Some awesome, sad, funny stuff

To a large extent, my blog is becoming simply a venue for reposting my favorite posts from Table of Malcontents. But that's ok, because I don't know anyone who reads this blog that regularly checks ToM.

And this was too good to pass up.

I remember being a moody depressed high school student listening to "Hurt" by Nine Inch Nails alone in my room with the lights off, feeling utterly alone sobbing gently, while imagining beating up a jock and the girl of my dreams being so impressed by my masculinity that she makes out with me right then and there, while the fallen jock nurses his bloody lip.

And this version of the song is even darker. Trent Reznor had a sad, pained delivery that spoke to me as an adolescent, but Kermit can still make me cry.



If you're wondering, the pretext is that after Jim Henson's death, Kermit had his own downward spiral into drugs and despair, unable to cope with the loss of his creator. Sad, sad, sad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amanda G. said...

I found that to be utterly disturbing, and fear I am now scarred for life.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Nell said...

I second Warm Fuzzy. Kermit performing fellatio is now seared into my retinas.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Xeno said...

This is frikin awesome!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say that was wrong. I only watched the first twenty seconds and am disappointed in your Blog content. And you are about to be a professional. That is something I would expect an 22 year old stoner living in his moms basement or maybe some stupid college student to like. I expect more from you.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

Come on brother. You have to recognize the creativity of imagining a word where Kermit is an actually living, breathing, feeling entity. Think of the utter sadness of losing your creator. It's as if god himself died, leaving you and your muppet siblings lost without any direction.

Then juxtapose that dark scenario with the utter ridiculousness of Kermit's voice in place of Trent Reznor's.

The actual content of the video is pretty over the top, but I'm not a professional yet.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home