Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Dirty Dozen

I stumbled across this today and I had never heard of it before. Apparently, every year the IRS publishes what it calls "The Dirty Dozen," which is a list of the twelve most common tax fraud schemes of the past year. It's a quick read, but the descriptions of some of the frauds are to vague to understand what the con is. My favorite on the list is frivolous constitutional claims. I sometimes search the net for various sites espousing that the income tax is unconstitutional, or even better, that it is entirely elective. One guy, unfamiliar with the use of commas in statutes, even suggested that only Federal employees have to pay tax. Bizarre.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet Panda said...

Thanks for the tax tips. I'm going to try the one with all the zeros.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interpreting this post as tax advice from my attorney.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home