Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Peacock Bass Fishing

One of my favorite types of shows is the fishing show. I used to fish a fair amount and I even took a yearly trip to Minnesota to fish with my old paint store friends. But honestly, I enjoy watching fishing more than actually fishing. I'm always a little afraid to fall in the water or get sunburned while actually fishing.

So I was flicking between two fishing shows this morning. One was a fishing competition in which they were fishing for large mouth bass (largies, we used to call them). Large mouth bass were my primary quarry on the Minnesota trips, though I also enjoyed the occasional Small mouth bass and pike.

The other show was in some other country and the guy was fishing for something called a Peacock Bass. I had never heard of this fish before, but now that I've seen it, I will never watch a large mouth bass fishing show again. Peacock Bass are AWESOME. Hers's what one looks like:


This picture is from www.peacockbassfishing.com. They have a ton of other great pictures there. The Peacock Bass is gorgeous and seems to put up a great fight. Just look at the size of that fish!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"So I was flicking between two fishing shows this morning."

You just don't hear that everyday.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Amanda G. said...

That fish could eat Lucy - now that is big!

What's the biggest fish, largie if you will, that you've caught?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Fishfrog said...

My personal best for a largie is about 13", which isn't that large. My biggest smallie was 16 3/4", which is medium-large (and a fairly large size for the particular lake we were on). My biggest fish of any species was a 23" Northern Pike, which is a fairly small Pike. None of those fish compare to the Peacock Bass.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home